HORECA Manager Recruitment @ Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast
growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HORECA Manager
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Reserve Sales Manager
- GNPLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
- The Diageo Sales vision is to become the best performing most trusted and respected Consumer Packaged Goods in the world and in every market we operate. Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’, winning big and beating the competition.\
- This along with putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners.
- A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & efficient field sales force developed to demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building for beer and spirit categories.
Purpose of the RoleExecutional Excellence
- Identify and manage brand distribution (listing) opportunities as defined for the fiscal for all Reserve brands.
- Event coordination of experiential events to build Reserve brands’ equity
- Reserve brand sales driver implementation in defined outlet base.
- Outlet calling
- Activity plan development support
- Maintain, monitor, and regularly evaluate pricing and contracts (local or global) with customers so as to provide products and services that meet standards of quality, timeliness and cost.
- Development & management of consumer databases through administrative and reporting activity
- The business has a challenging growth & innovation agenda.
- The trading environment is dynamic with the customer and consumer trends changing all the time.
- Increased competitor entrants.
- Our major customers expect a high level of consumer insight, strong category management techniques, powerful commercial propositions and a deep understanding of how their business operates
- Finger On Pulse- Ability to identify emerging trends on the area and communicate that knowledge to key contacts within team and Head Office.
- Living The Values -The face of the brand in the eyes of the customer, consumer and media. Proud to represent the brand and Diageo.
- Capture Space - Ruthless in ensuring that all QDVPPP (Quality. Distribution. Visibility. Pricing. Persuasion. PR) objectives are met with the customer base.
- Managing For Value Baseline - aware of financial principles and applies them within own role.
- On Premise Leadership Baseline - able to build professional, credible relationships with on-trade partners and develop profitable programs.
- In conjunction with the Regional and Local Marketing identify, develop and manage local marketing activities including locally based brand opportunities.
- Deliver and execute special events in a way which provides positive and sophisticated brand experiences for our consumers and customers in the HORECA (Hotel/Restaurant/Café) Channel.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate Calibre with 3 years minimum working experience
- Marketing qualification ideal
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Commercial experience and understanding, preferably within FMCG environment.
- Understanding of the total alcoholic drinks market
- Full clean driving license.
- Hotel - F&B management experience advantageous.
- On Trade experience (either retail or supplier) advantageous
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online