Internship Programme for 2017 @ Chatham House Africa
Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Our mission is to help build a sustain-ably secure, prosperous and just world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Africa Internship Programme
- The Africa Programme at Chatham House is looking for an individual with demonstrable interest in African affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
- This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world's leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states.
- The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in International Relations, Development Studies, Politics, or related field;
- Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to "Eugénie McLachlan, Programme Administrator, Africa Programme via: [email protected]
Click here for more information
Note: Although flexible, we are ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3-4 days a week.