9mobile Recruitment for Manager, CS & PS Core Planning
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, CS & PS Core Planning
- Assist in the design, planning and optimisation of circuit switching components of EMTS' core network, systems and platforms.
- Principal Functions
- Provide input in translatingEMTS business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network circuit switching system.
- Review the unit/ team activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Direct the timely provisioning of the circuit & packet switching network capacity for all the GSM, EDGE, UMTS & LTE elements, features, protocols, interfaces etc.
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for circuit & packet switch infrastructure and other related network elements
- Design, plan and dimension circuit & packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use and deployment of resources
- Define and direct the requirement for capacity planning of interfaces/links to the VAS & networks
- Perform technical investigations into areas related to circuit & packet switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, new caching algorithms, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, LTE etc.)
- Scoping & dimensioning of datacomms equipment within the Core network
- Lead optimisation & resilience initiatives across the Core Network
- Drive innovation initiatives across the Core network
- Coordinate the unit's activities and ensure compliance with the organisation's operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate's performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Head, Core and VAS
- First degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Physics or Computer Sciences from recognised University
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to Eight(8) years' work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- BusinessApplication Knowledge
- telecommunications technology Fundamentals
- Telecommunications& Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Budget &basic financial planning
- Traffic trend analysis
- Basic product development
- problem solving
- Analytic reasoning
- Reporting& presentation
- Great Passion for Excellence
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online