Assistant Manager - QHSE @ Bell Oil and Gas Limited
Bell Oil & Gas was incorporated in January 2002 and has experienced unprecedented growth in the Nigerian oil industry. The company is an independent oil services company which was formed and wholly-owned by Nigerians. We have quick access to international markets via our geographical spread and technology, together with access to international lines of credit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager - QHSE
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Responsible For: QHSE and QHSE Team.
Overall Purpose of Job
- Coordinating the implementation and maintenance of the company’s quality management system.
- Administering and improving the company’s QHSE programs in accordance with recognized international standards.
- Coordinating the identification, assessment and mitigation of all risks to the company’s business.
- Ensuring radiation safety and compliance with the Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority regulations and the conditions of Radiation Safety License.
- Developing, revising, implementing and improving the company QHSE Procedures.
- Managing the company’s risk mitigation programmes in liaison with all Heads of Departments across the company and projects.
- Upgrading, as may be required, and implementing company’s Quality management system, and ensuring continued compliance with ISO9001:2015 Standard.
- Performing QA role for the company.
- Tracking and documenting company QHSE performances; and reviewing them to ensure that company QHSE targets are achieved.
- Publicizing annual safety management performances and milestone achievements.
- Coordinating company’s HAZID operations, and all internal and external QHSE audits in the company.
- Planning and monitoring of security management programmes for the company’s operations and projects.
- Improving the level of awareness and conformance to QHSE and Security standards by staff through effective trainings and communication.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, license conditions and conditions of project approvals as authorized by the Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRA).
- Maintaining an inventory of all radio-isotopes in the company premises and limiting the quantity of radio nuclides to the quantity allowed by the NNRA license.
- Overseeing proper delivery and receipt and conducting radiation surveys on all shipments of radioactive materials arriving at or leaving the company premises.
- Instituting, communicating and managing STOP WORK authority for all activities hazardous to health and safety, the environment or company’s corporate image.
- Planning and managing all emergency recovery activities and decontamination programmes across the company’s operations.
- Planning and verifying the adherence of the company to all client quality requirements.
- Coordinating all Quality related correspondences with clients.
- Actioning and closing all customer Quality complaints.
- Managing the development and performance of the QHSE team.
- Mentoring the QHSE team.
- A minimum of 7 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, of which must have been at a Supervisory level.
- Valid Quality Management and HSE courses.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Demonstrable ability to implement and supervise a Quality and HSE Management systems.
- Very sound written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct audits and analysis; formulate and recommend ways and measures to reduce or eliminate accidents, health hazards and damage to life and property.
- Computer literate and capability to manage company’s QHSE databases.
- Ability to plan and implement testing and certification of project equipment.
- A team player.
- Quick thinker and quick to respond to any emergency.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven knowledge of internal/external quality audit processes.
- Relationship management
- Problem solving and analysis
- Change management
- Personal organization
Application Closing DateNot Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online