Business Analyst @ Andela Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
About the Role
- The business analyst’s (BA) job is to answer the most complex questions Success, Talent, and Learning teams have to answer.
- To do this, you will report into the Data team’s analytic’s arm but work as a collaborative thought partner alongside Andela’s senior leadership.
- You will understand how each department works better than anyone else, and use that knowledge to deliver deep, actionable insights to leadership.
- You will do this through a mixture of external research, analysis of Andela’s internal data, and construction of predictive models.
- In addition to these analytical projects, you will also work with our Data Engineering and Technology teams to figure out how we can better collect key data in the future, and set up our systems to scale.
- Perhaps most importantly though, as a member of a new team in a rapidly growing startup, you will be vital in driving the entire company toward a data-first culture, and ensuring that we are making decisions not just quickly, but with confidence that a more knowable truth is supporting that decision.
- The analytical mindset which allows you to break down complicated problems into testable hypotheses that can be answered through data.
- Passion to work for a new organization within a company, including the chance to help create and define that role for future hires, evangelize a data-first mindset at the company, and to take on ownership of critical projects.
- A remote-first mindset that allows you to work collaboratively and asynchronously with team members across the world.
- 2-5 years of work experience as a consultant, business analyst, or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a background in statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields.
- Experience with data analysis, business intelligence tools (e.g. Jupyter, Tableau), as well as Python or R.
- Intimate knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL databases and ETL tools.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online