HSE Supervisor @ APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- Assists in the development and delivery of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for a HSE business operation
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and Loss Prevention measures
- Represents the HSE department within the port related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a co-operative partnership with local resources
- Inspects organisation facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indic ed, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Reports all HSE incidents and assists the HSE Supervisor incident root cause analysis and assess risks to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence an for organisation in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Compiles and submits accident reports required by the HSE department. Maintains safety files and records.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to terminal staff and third party members.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures
- Ensure that APMT Apapa HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria HSE Acts
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise)
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control
Who We are Looking For
- Requires minimum of B.Sc/ HND/Certificate qualification (e.g,NEBOSH)
- Requires a proven record of HSE related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in handling dangerous goods and emergency situations
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online