IT Specialist @ APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Create and maintain Technical manuals.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Research and evaluate new administration methods.
- Install and test software upgrades.
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable
- Participate in the recruitment of staff for the IT Department and ensure that they are adequately trained;
- Manages IT staff ensuring adherence to established procedures, and conformance with departmental standards;
- Monitor and appraise the performance of staff supervised, to ensure
- Company expectations are met and that the required follow-up actions are taken;
- Ensure that APMT Apapa Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria Health and Safety & Environmental Acts
- Who we are looking for:
- B.Sc. Degree in Information/Communication Technology or Science related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience as a systems administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Experience in implementing local area networks.
- Experience in systems integration and administration.
- At least three years of working experience as a systems administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations for UNIX, Cisco and Oracle environments and Microsoft products.
- Exercising leadership in changing situations that stimulate enthusiasm and encourages the development of co-workers.
- Capable of developing strategic plans for an entire activity and establish priorities for the activities of subordinates in order to fulfil these plans.
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they occur.
- We Offer
- To a right candidate, we offer value and team-based leadership, an open and engaging working environment, and a wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online