MONITORING EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) INTERN @ PALLADIUM GROUP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of Position:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) intern will support the Engaged Citizens MEL and delivery teams in documenting learning, progress and results.
- We are especially looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual who is interested in gaining significant hands-on experience in the areas of communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research and social media management.
- The intern will report to the MEL Reporting Officer with overall guidance from the Head of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning.
- Draft event and activity briefs, articles, blog posts, case studies, success stories, reports and press releases
- Write up notes from reflections and support synthesis of learnings
- Support archival, knowledge sharing and management
- Capture and appropriately label photographic and videography evidence
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, Instagram)
- Assist in compiling and editing ECP weekly digest, calendar of events and updating ECP shared calendar on SharePoint
- Update knowledge management compendium
- Assist in compiling content for e-newsletters and in synthesizing technical reports into draft communication pieces
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Design infographics, leaflets, fliers, and other graphics
- Format reports and other technical documents
- Four days per week, a total of 28 hours per week, usually between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday - Thursday, with some flexibility. A commitment of a minimum of 4 months is required.
- Education, Skills, Experience & Qualities Required:
- Undergraduate student of Mass Communication, Public Relations, English or Development-related field, or currently enrolled in a masters level program.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with some exposure to the rigor of writing at the international level
- Thorough understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.) with social media and website management experience
- Strong computer skills with interest and ability to learn new software
- Graphic design, video production or digital photography skills an advantage
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role.
- Hands-on experience in communications, adaptive programming, knowledge management, research, social media management, monitoring, evaluation and learning in a professional environment in an internship position while receiving required support, mentoring and supervision.
- Being an equal member of a fun, professional, passionately engaging and dynamic team.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online