Monitoring & Evaluation Manager @ Mennonite Economic Development Associates of Canada APPLICATIONS CLOSES SOON
MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- MEDA seeks qualified Nigerians to support its Youth Entrepreneurship and Women's Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) in Bauchi, Bauchi state. Nigeria WAY is a five- year project that will assist economically active women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains.
- The project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up and become economically active
- The project will run until March 2022.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will be responsible for managing of all M&E activities across the various workflows of the project.
- S/he is responsible for helping to build a results-oriented culture that measures and reports meaningful results.
- The M&E Manager will also be responsible for ensuring robust, consistent M&E systems are established and implemented by staff and partners and will work closely with MEDA's HQ M&E Team.
- The position has a start date asap, is full time in a 1-year contract renewable up to 5 Years. Based in Bauchi city, Bauchi state, Nigeria the position entails travel around the state and is supervised by the Field Project Manager.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members and MEDA HQ to design and/or refine M&E approaches and tools for program implementation ensuring efficient systems are in place for program staff to collect and compile relevant and concise information for reports
- Oversee the preparation of reports including concise narratives and relevant tables and/or graphs that capture progress against indicators and provide both management and donors with accurate and user-friendly information
- Ensure that all project monitoring and evaluation schedules are satisfied and are consistent with and responsive to the donor's framework (Global Affairs Canada)
- Include and mainstream the project's gender, youth and environmental sustainability strategies, with special attention to early and forced child marriage, and to be monitored during the project
- Design, organize and supervise the implementation of rolling and periodic surveys, utilizing appropriate M&E tools to implement, and improve the collection and analysis of M&E data
- Collect results generated from the implementation of M&E plan and consolidate data to allow the comparison of performance of KFPs, and; analyse those results and inform senior project management of any gaps or shortcomings in the attainment of project goals
- Train the KFPs relevant staff in proper maintenance of the project data, through a database management system, for prompt reporting as and when required
- In collaboration with the Environmental and Gender experts, develop monitoring tools to assess the empowerment of youth and women clients in terms of access to needed resources and building assets, increased decision making and problem-solving ability and capacity to bring about changes in their relationships within the family and community
- University degree, ideally at a Masters level in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Business Administration, Social Research Methods or Development related field
- A minimum of five years experience in measurement and evaluation and development programming including analysis/assessment, developing/implementing strategies, developing tools and conducting training
- Experience with/knowledge of innovative impact assessment approaches such as rapid assessments, participatory evaluation, etc.
- Demonstrated staff management experience
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated aptitude at integrating information technology and automated data collection systems into programming
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal, analytical and communication abilities and skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to developing and implementing innovative solutions
- Willingness to travel to project areas
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
- Prior work experience in Nigeria is preferred and another comparable country context is desirable.
15th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their CV's and cover letter to: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.