Senior Associate - Programming @ AiDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, - a hybrid of facility and community-based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate - Programming
Directorate: Strategic Information
- To support the maintenance of existing database platforms and to develop new ones to meet donor data reporting requirements.
- Support the maintenance of existing programme databases and utilities on the File Maker Pro, EMR and Cispro platforms
- Design new database applications and utilities on other platforms apart from File Maker Pro in response to programme needs
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of data cleaning strategies at the Central Office and sub-contractor sites
- Design and implement in conjunction with other members of the Strategic Information Team capacity building plans for data managers at sub-contractor sites
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by supervisor or Management
- A B.Sc. or HND in Computer Science or Information Technology, Physical Sciences or Engineering with professional certifications in database management software (DBMS) like SQL, Delphi, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL; preferably with a second degree in Information Technology/Computer Science.
- A minimum of 4 years cognate experience, 2 of which must be in creating scripts in a development sector/environment, testing scripts in a quality assurance environment and implementing large updates on databases.
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title - Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.