Technical Program Manager @ Andela Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
Locations: Kampala, Uganda, Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- You will be responsible for leading teams of senior engineers to design and implement best-in-class technical programs that enable Andela’s engineers to learn efficiently.
- You will be responsible for developing the strategic direction, guiding a team and for executing against the department’s technical responsibilities.
- A clear leader to engineers, you will be responsible for understanding developer’s needs, designing programs to address them, and measurably improving developer performance.
- With your leadership, Andela’s developers will learn more faster, with a better user experience.
- Understand the talent development needs of Andela’s more senior developers
- Collect and organize data about what programs increase developer performance
- Design, and implement supplementary programs that support senior developers
- Revise existing programs with a specific focus on ensuring best-in-class technical standards
- Coach non-technical talent development team members to understand and address engineering perspectives for learning programs
- Hire and/or manage the time of senior engineers to facilitate developer growth and learning
- Define and operationalise measures of success.
- 2-4 years in technical project experience
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or similar
- Worked in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment with developers
- Has experience in setting up new operations from scratch.
- Entrepreneurial attitude whilst developing and empowering those supporting you
- Strong coding background in at least one of Andela’s offered stacks
- Data focused - obsessed with tracking initiatives and optimizing processes
- Decisive and able to influence others for cooperation and buy-in
- Strong presentation, interviewing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to work with minimal support
- Ability to motivate and support a team of highly effective individuals.
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
- Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.