Accountant @ a Reputable 4 Star Hotel - Teclab Management Services Limited
Teclab Management Services Limited - Our client, a reputable 4 Star Hotel in Lagos, is
recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- We are in need of a qualified Accountant to handle, prepare, computer, manage, research and analyse all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of the business.
Accountant Job Duties
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures, Excellent accounting software user
- First degree in Accounting or Economics, must have a relevant professional qualification (ICAN OR ACCA), Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: [email protected]
using the Job Title and location e.g. "Accountant-Ketu" as the subject of the email.