West & North Nigeria Sales Manager Recruitment @ Safmarine - Maersk Group
Safmarine, a brand under the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated on trade to and from emerging markets in Africa and West Central Asia. Founded in 1946 in South Africa, Safmarine has always had strong ties to Africa, its energy, people and vibrant culture. Embracing these roots have established a distinct way of doing business, which still sets us apart from our competition.
Today, over 1200 Safmariners in 85 countries around the world share a common goal: to be the people making the difference in shipping. Our ambition is to inspire a brighter future through profound partnerships and a culture of positivity and optimism. To realize this, we invest in people, in relationships, and in the way we do business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: West & North Nigeria Sales Manager
- The Safmarine Team of Maersk Nigeria Limited is now looking for an outstanding sales leader to join as West & North Nigeria Sales Manager.
- Reporting to the Central West Africa (CWA) Cluster Safmarine Director, the West & North Nigeria Sales Manager will be responsible for driving and delivering business and sales targets in the respective segment, formulating and executing sales strategies and developing individual sales account plans.
- Manage and organise sales activities, lead and drive performance to ensure volume and revenue targets are met. Maintain relationships with top accounts and Make joint sales calls with sales representatives
- Develop local differentiators and value propositions. Formulate a qualified business plan to support the target deliveries in West and North Nigeria.
- Partner with Customer Experience (CE) team to further enhance collaboration and facilitate cooperation between sales force and CE team.
- Leverage understanding of the Nigeria business environment to support the development of the sales strategy while staying on top of the business signals and guiding the team to secure both long term and short term opportunities.
- Work closely with Customer Experience and Trade and Marketing teams to ensure customer needs and market intelligence are updated and communicated. Conduct regular discussions on commercial approach (pricing or deployment) in response to customer needs and the market situation.
- Monitors and provides visibility on performance with regards to key areas of focus e.g. Volumes, Market Share, Money/Asset matters and Customer Service Surveys (CSS)
- Drives a customer engagement culture visible through CSS responses.
- Oversees Nigeria forecasting and budgeting to align with business goals.
- Ensure sales systems (including Sales Force.com) and reporting are precise and up-to-date for management tracking, analysis and planning.
- Drive a performance culture in the team by creating a weekly visibility on performance.
- Provide strong leadership and coaching to the team. Create a motivating environment to retain and attract talents.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and success in transport/logistics sales and/or key client management.
- Solid exposure and knowledge of the Nigerian business, trading, logistics and transportation market.
- A natural and inspiring team leader. Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Independent, creative and resourceful.
- Persuasive and positive.
- Intense and driven.
- Excellent negotiation, sales and analytical skills.
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
- A challenging opportunity to work in a dynamic and driven organisation where you will demonstrate your sales and client management skills as well as leadership capabilities.
- You will have the opportunity to work with leading customers and corporations to acquire and master the best sales practices and to gain visibility and recognition within Maersk Nigeria Limited
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing Safmarine’s leadership position and contributing to the continued success of Maersk Nigeria Limited.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online