Workshop Manager @ APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Ensures that the overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair of the vehicle fleet and other port equipment are maintained and/or repaired in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all of the vehicle fleet, including tractor trailers, Reach Stackers, Forklift and other technical support equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills are maintained, and that a transfer of that knowledge is made to local nationals whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that breakdowns are repaired promptly and that the repair work does not disrupt the Operations. Control overtime through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the Workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Organize meetings with staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate the group to achieve these goals.
- Brief daily activities to Department Head and seek advice as required.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures are taken to prevent future injuries. Ensures good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
- Provides supervision and direction for the maintenance staff including the following:
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Counsels subordinates, up to and including discipline or termination recommendations.
- Follows company management policies and procedures in the application of managing subordinates.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed.
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific manufacturer’s maintenance schedules. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
- The position is expected to constantly contribute to improve work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment
- The position is complex as it has a direct impact on the operational & financial aspects of the terminal
Who we are looking for:
- At least a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education or a degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering. Also, must have additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields in any heavy industry.
- Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in general maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants.
- Must have an additional five years of progressively more responsible maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various vehicles, including tractor trailers, reach stackers, Forklift and mobile cranes.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills & knowledge of the local language.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online